Paws and Paperbacks helps children to develop compassionate relationships with animals by providing an opportunity for both kids and animals to spend time together in a calm and respectful environment.
Children ages 6-11 years old can practice their reading skills in a fun and non-judgmental atmosphere while giving our ambassador animals the chance to get exercise and socialization. The focus of the interaction is on reading rather than the animal, which teaches children how to be respectful of an animal's space and body and provides a safe, positive interaction for the animal.
At our San Diego Campus
5500 Gaines St
San Diego, CA 92110
Held 1-2 times a month from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
$10.00 per child
How to sign up:
Reservations are required. Register below!
- All sessions are from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
- Registration fee is non-refundable.
- Parents are welcome to stay with their child throughout the session but are not required to.
- This class is for humans only - please leave your great pets at home!
For more information email [email protected]. Reservations are required to attend this limited-space class, register on-line or call (619) 299-7012 x 2256.